Monitor Limits with the UCITS Dashboard–Flexible, Transparent, Customizable
A Q&A with a Dashboard Developer…
What is UCITS?
Investment funds authorized for sale in Europe are governed by a set of regulations. These regulations are called Undertakings for the Collective Investment of Transferable Securities (UCITS).
Why did you create the UCITS dashboard?
It just made sense for us to do this–Imagine is a trusted source for our clients. We created a dashboard that frees our clients to meet the challenges presented by UCITS (and other regulatory requirements). We see it as a great tool that provides transparency and flexible monitoring in one clean visual representation. Our dashboard eliminates the need for–and the potential risk involved with–using manual methods of limits calculations.
How does it work?
We customize the UCITS dashboard on a client-by-client basis. So there’s a quick set-up period where we create all the necessary custom reference tables, appropriate tagging, and the definition of limits the client wants to include–which by the way, don’t have to be UCITS-specific.
The dashboard is powered by an app that performs all the required aggregations and calculations. The data is pulled from your UCITS portfolio in Imagine. Once in Imagine, you load the dashboard like any of our dashboards. It updates in real time, providing intraday information with PDF reporting available for end of day reports.
How does this dashboard help clients?
This dashboard helps our clients:
- Perform real-time, trade-by-trade risk analyses, including “what-if” simulations to add, reduce or increase positions to view portfolio and enterprise risk
- Deliver daily UCITS-compliant reports on VaR, CVaR, relative VaR, leverage, counterparty risk and delta-adjusted exposures
- Optimize allocations and strategies based on cross-asset class and pre-calculated market data (including derivatives) for selected time periods
With the dashboard, clients can:
- Drill-down to view and correct limit breaches in real-time
- Create alerts for positions that are nearing limits
- Create a watch-list to capture risk across the entire portfolio
- Efficiently monitor funds and fund expenses
Contact our consultants by email or phone: 212-317-7600
If a firm does not have all of its positions modeled on the same risk platform, it cannot know its total risk. But strong tools and practices can help sell-side and buy-side firms alike to avoid creating dangerous conditions.
Broker-dealers understand the importance of producing accurate margin calculations for their clients’ accounts, but they need to know more than just how much margin each client must post; they need to know why the margin system came up with a given result.